We need volunteers to coordinate our upcoming Maya Lin Events!
Do you have some great ideas on how to improve or add your spin on one of our events? Get a friend to co-coordinate with you! Here’s what’s coming up this year:
- Pajama Movie Night (January 18) – pick a movie, advertise, make popcorn and set up in the multipurpose room
- Parents Night Out (January TBD) – we already have a group of fabulous High School students to do the babysitting. We need a parent volunteer(s) to organize the signup, purchase snacks/pizza, and to stay at school during the evening event
- The Talent Show (February 13) – this is historically led by teachers, but we still need advertising, signups for volunteers, and help organizing dress rehearsals
- Family Game Night (March 7) – bring games to play with other families (this one could definitely use some creativity – music?, snacks?, group games?, etc.)
- Science and Maker Fair (April 18) – teacher-led, but with some parent support
- Parent’s Night Out Auction (March) – needs several coordinators
- Multicultural Night (April) – needs several coordinators
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May) – needs several coordinators
Many of these events will be cancelled if we don’t find coordinators. 😕
Please email Julie Beck at email@example.com if you can help.
Kindergarten Tour Dates
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:00 – 10:00am
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:00 – 10:00am
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:00 – 10:00am
Do you have a program or idea you want to get off the ground?
Preserve the Fallen Oak
Maya Lin parents are raising money with the PTA to fund the preservation of the fallen Maya Lin Oak Tree pieces. Please share this link on your social media pages and visit the website for more information about the projects and how to purchase prints of the trunk: https://mayalintree.wordpress.com/