Make sure you enroll with AUSD! Maya Lin is officially a neighborhood school (no longer a magnet school.) But even if you live within the Maya Lin boarders you’ll still need to register through AUSD. Details available here: https://www.alameda.k12.ca.us/enrollment
Good Eggs Spring Fundraiser, let’s do it again!
2/25/19 is the first day to join Maya Lin’s GOOD EGGS spring fundraiser! Did you know last fall we raised over $1,000 for our school? To join, just visit https://schools.goodeggs.com and enter the code MAYALIN19, and place an order!
You can get produce, meat and fish, baked goods, easy dinner kits, and more delivered same-day. No subscription required and delivery is free any time you spend $60. Get $15 off your first order! If 5 new families join this week, Good Eggs will send us a box of citrus to pass out at school.
Spring Auction Help Needed
We need your help filling our silent auction with experiences. We hear you that many of us have too much stuff and we want to bid on experiences. To do that, we need your help building the experience. We will have 2 categories we are asking families to provide, kid activities ($20-$40 a participant) and grown up experiences ($50-$75 a participant). Raise money for Maya Lin, and fill your social calendar with community building fun!
As a host, you will be responsible for hosting and setting a date for the event. And for providing (or getting donations for) all the components you’ll need to execute it. Feel free to partner up with another family or two to make it happen. For questions, reach out to Dede Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of kid activities:
- Harry Potter Wand Making and Movie Night: Kids join come, dressed in costume if they choose, make wands, cast spells and enjoy the 1st HP movie with popcorn and hot cocoa. Up to 20 kids, $35 a kid.
- Teddy Bear Tea Party: Bring your favorite teddy bear, enjoy tea, treats and story time. Up to 8 kids, $25 a kid
- Whiskey tasting at American Oak, $50 a person up to 10 people.
- Taco and Margarita Party Come enjoy, you guessed it, tacos and margaritas while hanging out with other parents. End the night with a karaoke contest. $50 a person, up to 20 people
We need volunteers to coordinate our upcoming Maya Lin Events!
Do you have some great ideas on how to improve or add your spin on one of our events? Get a friend to co-coordinate with you! Here’s what’s coming up this year:
- Multicultural Night (April) – needs several coordinators
- Spring Fundraiser (April) – needs several volunteers. Donate stuff. Set up. Clean up. Find people to donate stuff.
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May) – needs several coordinators
Many of these events will be cancelled if we don’t find coordinators. 😕
Please email Julie Beck at email@example.com if you can help.
Do you have a program or idea you want to get off the ground?
Preserve the Fallen Oak
Maya Lin parents are raising money with the PTA to fund the preservation of the fallen Maya Lin Oak Tree pieces. Please share this link on your social media pages and visit the website for more information about the projects and how to purchase prints of the trunk: https://mayalintree.wordpress.com/