Maya Lin Elementary School Community Facebook Guidelines
Purpose of Facebook group: The purpose of our Facebook group is to provide an online community for parents and families at Maya Lin Elementary School. This group is for talking to parents NOT to the school.
Principal Goodwin and the office staff are not members of this group. Communication directed at the school/administration should be undertaken via email or in person.
Goal: Our goal is to share information and tips, update the community on events, programs, opportunities to volunteer, and showcase the achievements of students, teachers, parents, and other community members.
Joining the Group:
- This group is for people directly related to or involved in the Maya Lin School Community. (Parents, grandparents, involved community members, etc.)
- Please answer the questions when requesting to join so we can see that you’re involved in the Maya Lin community.
- We encourage you to ask questions and share information. We request that you keep discussions focused on our school community.
- We encourage posts that highlight our community’s accomplishments and constructively raise issues for discussion.
- Keep in mind what you post is public information and visible to all members of the group. Please use appropriate language. Children can see our group.
- If you choose, you can post photos of your children at school events. Do not post photos of other children. If you have any questions about posting a particular photo, please message the Facebook group administrators.
- Do not post information commonly understood as confidential, such as student grades, concerns, problems, or conflicts with individual teachers, administrators, students, or parents.
We will immediately delete posts that in any way put down or discriminate against individuals.
- Online threats will be taken seriously, and proper authorities will be immediately notified. Any inflammatory statements that make allegations against individuals or organizations will be deleted.
- Any advertising for businesses is not allowed.
- Publishing content as your own that has been created by others is not allowed.
The PTA board and PTA Facebook administrators reserve the right to delete comments, posts, photos, & videos not adhering to guidelines.